Sunday, July 12, 2015

Glacier Point (Yosemite National Park)

 

A trip to Yosemite is never quiet complete without taking in the view from Glacier Point, which is surely one of the most magnificent vistas in all of the world. On my home from the Shadow of the Giants trail, I decided to add the cherry to the trip, but taking the right turn and heading up the mountain to the popular spot.

Arriving at the peak visitation time is always problematic as this is one of the most popular destinations within the park, but the view is worth it. I eventually make it to the parking log and find a spot. Walking over to the edge, I am in awe (as I am every time I see the world from this point of view) to see Half Dome staring right back at me and flanked by Nevada and Vernal Falls. Off to the other side of the valley, the wisp that remains of Yosemite Falls can be seen taking the great plunge from Tuolumne Meadows above down to the might Merced River below. 


Taking a few pictures and just enjoying the fresh air, I head back to the jeep after a short time and head back home. A quick pit stop, but always worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment