Sunday, March 24, 2019

Linda Falls (Napa County, California)


I meant to do this short hike a couple of weeks ago while in Napa for the half-marathon, but time got the better of me. As I'm in the region again and it's not terribly far out of the way, I decided to knock this one out before heading home. There isn't much of a trail head, but there is lots of parking on the side of the road. A few other cars are here already, but I'm not sure if they are hiking to the falls or doing something at the adjoining baseball fields. Either way, I head into the wooded area on the other side of the road.

The trail is very easy and crosses a shallow creek before diving down a deep hill and circling back around to the waterfall. When I arrive, I find a couple sitting on a rock overlooking the flowing water and enjoying the day. It seems like a romantic spot and so I do my best to not disturb them. 

The waterfall itself is actually quite impressive, much more so than I expected. It's a split double fall that drops about twenty feet onto grey stone. The water is flowing very well, which isn't surprising given the amount of rain the area has received. I turn and return to my jeep. It was about 1.6 miles round trip and definitely worth a visit if you happen to be in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment