Saturday, June 11, 2022

Tribble Mill Park Cycle (Gwinnett County, Georgia)


After my long hike in the UK last week, I felt it was time to get my road bike back out on the trails a little bit. I really want to get in the habit of trying to get my bike out at least a couple of times a week. There are a lot of paved trails in and around Atlanta, but I don't have a ton of time today and decided to visit Tribble Mill Park for a few miles.

Driving around the park a couple of times, I finally found the parking area I was looking for and took my bike down off of my roof rack. Strapping my helmet on, I took off along the two lane paved trails which surround Ozora Lake. There are a lot of pedestrians out and about today and so, I'll need to keep my speeds at a reasonable level to avoid injuring anyone. Heading clockwise around the lake, I make the first of two laps. There are a few uphill sections and I use them to get even more use to my gear shifting on this new bike, which I still haven't ridden a ton. 

Returning to the parking area, I see that I haven't quite gotten in three miles and decide to do a second lap. It's uneventful, but as dismount after getting back to my car on the second time around, my quads are definitely letting me know they've been awoken. I load the bike back onto my Subi and head for home. With the second lap, I was able to get in right at 5.5 miles. That's not a great distance for a ride, but I have a yard to mow when I get home and a half-marathon to run tomorrow. It will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment