Monday, April 8, 2024

Partial Solar Eclipse over Atlanta (Gwinnett, Georgia)

Solar eclipses don't come around very often and in eons past, scare the living daylight out of people (literally and figuratively). I had originally planned on flying up to Niagara Falls for today's eclipse and enjoying totality, but schedules didn't work out and I ended up staying home and just watching from my back yard using the proper eye ware. 

As our maximum of ~82% approached at 3:04 PM, my mother, my wife, and I gleefully stared up at the astronomical wonder and tried our best to cover our phone camera lenses with filters and snap a few shots. We got a couple that were okay. I've seen total solar eclipses before and it's somewhat eerie, even with a full understanding of the mechanics of the alignment. It's still quite the spectacular thing to experience though.

No comments:

Post a Comment