Monday, October 7, 2024

Valley of Fire - Arrowhead Arch (Clark County, Nevada)

For my next stop, I decided to drive another hour or so north to Valley of Fire State Park. I've actually spent a lot of time in this area over the years, but I haven't written about much of it. My first stop is a just short hike off the main road through the park to Arrowhead Arch. Parking my car, I get out into the desert heat. It really is a hot again today, topping 100° once again. My plan is for a few very short hikes, which should hopefully prevent me from getting crazy hot. The trail from the parking area leads south into the desert and requires a minor amount of scrambling, but after only 100 yards or so, I reach my destination. 

The small Arrowhead Arch is actually a double arch. It stands no more than ten feet tall, but undeniably resembles a Native American arrowhead. I've seen many over the years, including some obsidian-rich areas where they were made. There's no doubt why this arch was named this way. I spend a couple of minutes getting shots from different angles before returning to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment