Saturday, November 29, 2014

Rocky Mountain National Park (Rocky Mountain National Park)


On our way back to Reno, from spending Thanksgiving with my family in the St. Louis area, we spent the night in Denver. My first thought was curiosity about Rocky Mountain National Park, which is located about an hour north of the city. While we didn't have much time, I asked a ranger at the visitor center about the best and most scenic way to spend a short time in the park. She thoughtfully recommended a short loop in the northeastern corner of the park. 


As winter is approaching, much of the park is closed due to snow and few visitors dare the cold winds of these altitudes, but that's all the better for me. I love seeing this type of country when it isn't polluted with the populous. 


Even on this short preview, I can tell this is somewhere I will need to spend more time in the future. The views are breathtaking, even in this small preview of what the park has to offer. All in all, we only spend about 45 minutes driving through the park, but I will definitely be back to do some hiking and further exploring.

No comments:

Post a Comment