Saturday, December 19, 2020

Cherokee Bluffs (Hall County, Georgia)

 

Since it's still early in the day, I decided to get a few more miles in at a nearby park that I've been meaning to explore. Cherokee Bluffs Park is named for the rock formations at the top of a ridge on which the parks sits. A few miles of trails weave through the park and around the formations. After finding a parking spot in the large parking lot, I head out on the trail along the top of the bluffs. 

The line of boulders create a small cliff approximately twelve feet high that runs about thirty yards. I imagine it's a lot of fun for children to explore and climb around on the formation. After exploring this area, I head off into the woods along the loop trail. There are quite a few people out enjoying the outdoors today and this park is a fine place to do it.

Completing the loop, I pass through a large field at the entrance to the park before returning to my jeep. It's been a pleasant stroll and I was able to get in an additional 2.3 miles for the day. Now it's time to head home and complete more of those pre-Christmas chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment