Sunday, November 21, 2021

Tribble Mill Park (Gwinnett County, Georgia)

 

I sat at home this morning trying to decide on someplace to hike. I had originally wanted to get my new bike and/or my new kayak out for the first time, but it's fairly cold again this morning and so, hiking seemed a better option. After debating on a few options for a while, I eventually just decided to join the Meetup group and hike around Tribble Mill Park, which is only about fifteen minutes from my house. I was reluctant to do this hike again only because I've explore these trails many times and for the most part don't like repeating trails. That said though, it will be good to get out again with the larger group.

When I arrive, I'm one of the first to walk over towards the playground, which is the designated meeting area. Today's leader arrives shortly after me, as well as about twenty other hikers, all of them ready to get some exercise. We do a quick round of introductions, per tradition, and then hit the woods. 

The trails here are a combination of pavement and single-track through the woods. Today we'll stick mostly to the single-track. As we pass right beside the lake, several ducks begin swimming away from us. With the autumn colors on the distant shore as a backdrop, it makes for a nice photo composition. 

We end up doing the loops around the wood as well as the winding mountain bike trails, which continually cut back on themselves to add distance. I really dislike these kinds of trails, but it's decent exercise as we're maintain a solid pace. After making our way around the smaller of the two lakes, we start heading back towards the parking area. 

Our overall distance was a moderate 8.1 miles, but the great company always makes it worthwhile. Several of the group decide to hit a nearby bar and grill for some post-hike grub and adult beverages. Who am I to say no to something like that. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment