Sunday, November 14, 2021

Gibbs Garden (Cherokee County, Georgia)

 

I've been meaning to get my mother out for a couple of weeks and thought she might enjoy seeing the fall colors on the Japanese maple trees at Gibbs Garden about an hour north of Atlanta. I visited this charming place two years ago about this time before she moved in with us, and I really enjoyed it. I think she will to.

We arrived an hour or so after the garden opened for the day, but well before the big crowds have entered. It's a cool morning, but we dress appropriately. As we make our way along the paved walkways and through the gorgeous autumn palate of bright reds, oranges, and yellows, my mother constantly gets distracted by the beautiful foliage all around us. It really is quite stunning and the Japanese cultural elements scattered about add just the right amount of flare. 


After walking through the garden, we stop to have some lunch at the garden's little cafe. I often get pretty busy with life, but I do try to set some time aside to spend time with my mother. I know she probably gets bored as my wife and I work through the week, but I hope she does enjoy these occasional little adventures that I try to do with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment