Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Dukes Creek Falls (White County, Georgia)


Ignoring TLC's advice today, I'm chasing waterfalls. Just a few miles from Anna Ruby Falls is another one of Georgia's most impressive water shows. In my previous post, I commented about the sort of uniqueness of a set of waterfalls at the confluence of two creeks. However, Dukes Creek Falls is the exact same situation. Strange to be contradicted so immediately. The waterfall on Dukes Creek drops about 50 feet into the same pool as the water flowing from Davis Creek, though drop the later drops nearly 150 feet over several cascades. When I planned on hiking to some waterfalls today, I wasn't really expecting this grandeur, but I'm thankful for it. This is a gorgeous setting. 

I make my way back up the wooden observation decks, stairs, and three switchbacks in the trail, having hiked just at 2.5 miles total on this second stop. I can only hope that my next stop will be as outstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment