Sunday, January 14, 2024

Amicalola Falls (Dawson County, Georgia)

After hiking back to my car from an overnight stay at the Len Foote Hike Inn, I couldn't help but stop for a view of Georgia's tallest waterfall and the namesake of the state park, where I left my car last night. Unfortunately, the lower trail is completely closed for construction. After driving down and discovering that, I decided to head back up the the West Ridge Access Trail, which leads to a bridge across the mid-section of the waterfall. 

Parking is nearly full, but I manage to find a spot and then walk the short distance to the bridge. The falls are raging right now, with all of the water we've recently had. I don't stay long though. I've visited this waterfall before and there isn't much new to see. I have a hour+ drive to get back home and I'm anxious to get it started. So, I'll say adieu to the falls for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment