Tuesday, December 31, 2019

High Falls (Butts County, Georgia)

 

My final stop for the day is at High Falls State Park, which is centered around . . . you guessed it . . . a high waterfall. By Yosemite standards, the waterfall itself is quite tiny, but it is reminiscent of the plethora of falls along the Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne in the high country of the park. The main differences are an obvious lack of twenty feet of snow and the water here is much more muddy than the clear mountain streams of that park, oh so far away. Still, this is a beautiful place.



Parking the jeep near a dam, which forms a man-made waterfall itself, I walk down the entrance road and across a bridge over the Towaliga River, before hitting the actual trail. A series of wooden steps sees me down to the base of the cascading waterfalls. It's actually quite beautiful and I'm blessed to be able to enjoy my day in such a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment