Monday, July 1, 2024

Olympic National Park (Olympic National Park, Washington)


It's the first day of July. My friend, Nick and I are exploring the Pacific Northwest and will begin a backpacking adventure later this morning, but in the meantime and on our way, we take in a bit of what Olympic National Park has to offer. It's my first trip to this park and I want to make the most of it.

This is a temperate rainforest and it's incredibly wet here, but also very beautiful. Trees seem to sprout, grow, die, rot, and then become food for the next generation in just a few short years. Everything is so lush here. Trees grow out of the fallen trunks of other trees. Streams and waterfalls abound. There's a lot to take in and I suspect we'll see even more of it over the next several days, at least that's the plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment