Friday, February 28, 2020

Fairy Trail at Sawnee Mountain (Forsyth County, Georgia)


Continuing my theme of trying to get some trail miles in before work during the week, I decided to hike to the Indian Seats on Sawnee Mountain this morning. Unfortunately, traffic was a bit worse than I had expected and I don't have enough time to get hike the 3+ miles of that trail and instead resolve to hike a side trail that has been decorated by a local girl scout troop. 


The Fairy Trail is just a short loop on the side of Sawnee Mountain, but to brighten it up a bit, the scouts have placed colorful bird houses and other small containers that could be used has fairy dwellings along the path. It's a pretty simple idea, but it doesn't really do any damage to the landscape and gets people on the trail. It's actually a pretty cool idea.


After walking the short trail, I had back to the jeep and get on the road. Unfortunately, I've got to start work soon, but it was still nice to get some sun before spending my day on conference calls. I'll come back and hike to Indian Seats in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment