Saturday, February 20, 2021

Lost Wall at Dickson Creek Falls (Walker County, Georgia)

Just a short distance up the mountain from Pettyjohn Cave, I arrive at my next stop, The Lost Wall at Dickson Creek Falls. This is a popular rock climbing destination, though less so than many of the other sandstone surfaces in the region. Another short hike sees me at the base of the wall, over which, Dickson Creek plummets a good 60-80 feet in a spectacular waterfall.

The area behind the waterfall is carved out and I consider exploring back there, but as I will be camping out tonight in frigid temperatures I think better of it, preferring not to risk getting wet in this situation. I content myself by simply finding a good perch from which to take some nice pictures of the lonely waterfall. I suppose climbers work on the areas around the water or perhaps this fall dries up outside of the rainy season, which we are currently in. Either way, I'm glad to be here when it's flowing so well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment