Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Chattahoochee Point Trail (Forsyth County, Georgia)


I'm a little pressed for time this morning before starting work, but I wanted to visit Chattahoochee Point Park and see if there were any nice views. That said, I decided to make tackle this as more of a trail run than a hike. 

Arriving not too long after sunrise, I find a few others are already out getting in some miles. I quickly find a parking spot and start my run. I haven't been able to run much for the past couple of weeks due to several blisters on my right leg caused by an adverse reaction to chigger bites. With the bites healing now though, it's time to get back out there. The trail sort of meanders through a wealthy neighborhood on a surface of broken pavement, cinders, and gravel. It's a pretty decent surface to run on.

The trail continues in an l shape before returning to a course parallel with the Chattahoochee River. Unfortunately, the trail itself never offers even a mediocre view of the famous river. I do find a couple of worn paths that lead to the elevated shoreline, but even there the underbrush prevents any good views. 

As I round the final corner and return to the jeep, I'm thankful for a decent run, but the trail itself and especially the views, or lack thereof, are a bit disappointing. I won't need to come back to this park any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment