Saturday, June 8, 2024

Setrock Creek Falls (Yancey County, North Carolina)

My outdoor-oriented stop today will take me to Setrock Creek Falls, which requires another short hike. This one is listed as 1.1 miles out and back and starts from the Black Mountain Campground in Mount Mitchell State Park. Luckily there is a lot of parking here and I have no trouble finding a spot. The trail leads through the campground and then breaks off from the Mount Mitchell Summit Trail. I'll have to hike that one someday, but with a half-marathon to run tomorrow, now is not the time.

After just a short distance, I arrive at the waterfall and I have it all to myself for these few minutes. It's another cascade like my previous stop and this one doesn't have quite as much water flowing, but it's still a site to see. I snap my pictures and head back to the car. Content that I got some good mileage in without taxing my legs too much, I decided to head to a nearby brewery to relax a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment