Friday, October 13, 2023

Cullasaja Falls (Macon County, North Carolina)

 

The next planned stop on my route towards Asheville, NC sees me stopping at Cullasaja Falls. With the road wrapping around the gorge of the same name, there isn't much room to park and I struggle to find a spot that keeps me off the road. Eventually, I back my way into what I think will be a safe spot, but it's really sketchy here due to the blind twists and turns of the road. 

I make my way just a few yards scrambling down over a series of rocks until the beautiful waterfall comes into clear view. With the fall colors, this truly is a beauty and I'm really glad I stopped. It's probably possible to make it down to the base, but with limited time and no desire to injure myself, I settle for my current view and snap a few pictures before heading back to the car and continuing on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment