Monday, October 23, 2023

Standin' on the Corner in Winslow, Arizona (Navajo County, Arizona)

 Okay, okay . . . it may be a little cheesy, but it wasn't my idea. Returning to Phoenix from Canyon de Chelly, our group stopped in Winslow, Arizona for a second lunch. Of course, we had to dine across the street from a certain corner made famous by the Eagles' song 'Take it Easy'. And as you can see, the statue is doing just as the lyrics describe, with the mural behind him portraying the second part of the verse:

"Well, I'm a standin' on a corner in Winslow, Arizona

and such a fine sight to see

it's a girl, my Lord, in a flat bed Ford

slowin' down to take a look at me"

There really isn't much here in this small desert town, but since we were driving nearby anyway, it made sense to stop. And now, I can say that I've been here and stood on that corner. With only an hour or so drive remaining, hopefully the sound of our own wheels won't drive us crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment