Friday, October 13, 2023

Woodfin Falls (Jackson County, North Carolina)

 

For my final diversionary stop along my route to Asheville, NC, I drive a short distance up the famous Blue Ridge Parkway to Woodfin Falls. Confusing the parking area, I mistakenly stopped at the Woodfin Valley Overlook first, but quickly realized my mistake. The area I actually needed was another mile or so up the road. Once I arrived, I quickly headed across the road to the sounds of children playing. When I arrived at the ridge above the waterfall, I was a little disappointed. I bet this waterfall is beautiful after a rain, but there isn't much to see after the dry spell we've recently had and only a trickle of water flows over the cascades. It's still a pretty area though and I'm happy to have any chance at all to visit the parkway again.

No comments:

Post a Comment