Sunday, September 8, 2024

Rabbit Hill Cycle (Gwinnett County, Georgia)


Having rested the last couple of days after returning from my trip to Peru, I wanted to get a little exercise in. I've been meaning to get over to the nearby Rabbit Hill Park to ride my bike a bit, but something always seems to come up. With nothing on my agenda for today, I decided it would be a great day to do it.

I loaded my bike up on my roof rack and drove the seven or so miles to the park. This is a pretty standard community park with sports fields and a paved trail all the way around the park, perfect for a short bike ride. As I got on my bike, I realized what I had forgotten. I didn't put my padded biking shorts on. Originally intending to do two laps around the park, I decided to cut this to just one so as not to get saddle sore from the thin bike seat. 

It's a nice trail and there were a few people walking and biking, but nothing exciting to speak of. I only ended up riding about 2.8 miles, but even with that short distance, my legs let me know that they are still tired from all of the steps along the Inca Trail. I do appreciate that Georgia has so many parks like this around in the various communities. Perhaps, I'll return some day and do a few more laps or I may find a different park. Either way, It was nice to get a little exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment