Saturday, September 21, 2024

Twin Falls (Pickens County, South Carolina)

 

For the next stop on my little hiking weekend, I decided to stop at Twin Falls. The final part of the road follows is gravel and leads to a small parking area, where a couple of other cars are already parked. This appears to be a somewhat popular area given how far off the beaten path it is. It's an easy, short trail to from the parking lot to the waterfalls, less than half-a-mile. 

Once I arrive at the end, a wooden observation deck awaits me. A young couple is already here enjoying the scenery . . . and each other. I try to make my interruption brief, just long enough to snap a couple of pictures of the waterfalls. The deck sits over a granite waterslide with the feeding creek flowing below. In the distance, about forty meters away, two waterfalls tumble over a cliff of roughly twenty meters tall. It's actually a fairly impressive waterfall, but with other stops to make and other people waiting to get back to their business, I head back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment